- Should you experience a leak in your Fathom One DO NOT attempt to charge your drone. Immediately move the unit to a safe environment and contact support. If you must leave the unit unattended, leave the unit in an area where it cannot cause harm to and other person or property should the battery fail. Should the battery fail, the Fathom One front cap is designed such that it will vent smoke or fumes so as to stop any pressure build-up within the unit. Leaks are rare, but the best safety practice is to be prepared.
- Never leave your Fathom One unattended while charging.
- Always disconnect your drone while not in use. Leaving your drone connected to the main tether can drain the battery to a level that will be unsafe to recharge.
- The Fathom One is meant to be used in the water. Extended use above water can cause overheating and damage to various components.
- If your Fathom One shuts down during use due to low battery or high temperature, immediately bring it to the surface and disconnect it from the tether.
- After every use, store the drone in a cool environment before attempting to charge the battery. Allowing the drone to cool down before charging is essential for battery health and safety.
- Never attempt to charge the drone while it is powered on or connected to the main tether.
- Never charge the drone in direct sunlight or in warm or hot conditions.
What's in the box?
- 1x - Fathom One Hull
- 1x - Fathom One Right Thruster (labeled on thruster)
- 2x - Fathom Tail and Left Thruster (interchangeable)
- 9x - Fathom Thruster Attachment thumbnuts
- 1x - 100' Fathom Tether
- 1x - Fathom One Wifi Link
- 1x - Fathom One Wifi Link Antenna
- 1x - Fathom One Charging unit
- Misc - Reading material (not pictured)
Attaching the thrusters
Turning on your Fathom One
Step 1: Plug one end of your tether into your Fathom One Wifi Link.
Step 2: Line up tether connector with the port on the top of your Fathom One. There is only one way for the plug to go in.
Step 3: Push in tether connector, you should hear your Fathom One start beeping.
Step 4: Twist the Connector into place to lock it onto your Fathom One. (See example below)
- Check to make sure the tether is firmly connected to both the Fathom One and the Wifi Link. Be sure that the plug has been firmly screwed into place.
- Check that the charge port of your Fathom One is closed and firmly tightened.
- Check that the thumbnuts holding your thrusters in place are firmly tightened.
- Check your surroundings. Be aware of the wildlife and plant growth in your area as well as other people. Check for watercraft, swimmers, or any other object or debris that you might cause damage to or could damage the Fathom One.
- For optimal dive time, make sure that your drone has been charged prior to use.
How to use the Fathom app
- Home Button - Will bring you back to the app's main menu
- Wifi icon - Shows the connection strength to the Fathom Wifi Link.
- Battery Indicator - Shows the current charge of your Fathom One.
- Compass Heading - Shows the current heading of the Fathom One.
- Fathom Pro Mode - Tapping this icon will allow you to access pro options like increasing the speed of your Fathom One's motors. Speed options will appear in the bottom (12 & 13).
- Depth - Shows the current approximate depth of the Fathom One.
- Settings - Allows access to several settings (not currently on iOS)
- Lights - Will illuminate the front lights on the Fathom One
- Record - Press to start recording video on your Fathom One. Press again to stop the recording.
- Thrust control - This slider controls the forward and backward motion of your Fathom One. Slide up to move forward, slide down to reverse.
- Pitch and Steering - this slider controls where your Fathom One is pointed. Slide left to turn left, right to turn right. Pitch controls by default are like airplane controls. Pushing up will pitch the drone down, pulling down will pitch the drone up. This can be inverted in the Options menu.
- Speed Control Gears - Tap to access higher speed levels. Currently limited to gears 1-3.
- Pitch Control Gears - Tap to access higher speed levels with the rear thruster. Currently limited to gears 1-3
- Connect your Fathom in the same way you would normally do before diving.
- Connect to the Fathom Wifi network.
*Note currently to download videos from your Fathom One you will need to use either an Android device, or laptop/desktop computer. You cannot currently use mobile Apple devices (iPhone or iPad) to download videos.*
- After connecting, open a web browser and navigate to the URL:
192.168.2.10/manager to access your Fathom One's Video Manager.
- By default, videos are stored in a format called H264. Pressing the "Convert" option in the top right will convert your videos to MP4 format so that they can be easily downloaded.
- After converting your videos, simply press the download arrow to download the videos off the Fathom One's memory.
- Once the downloads are complete you can keep the videos on the drone's memory or delete them to free up more space.
Charging your Fathom One
- Should you experience a leak in your Fathom One, DO NOT attempt to charge it. Doing so could severely damage the battery on board.
- Never leave your Fathom One unattended while charging, including charging your drone overnight.
- The Fathom One contains a LiPo battery, be sure to select the LiPo setting when charging your drone or you will not get a full charge.
- Always check the indicator lights on the smart charger when you begin charging and look for anything out of the ordinary.
- Never charge your Fathom One while the main tether is attached. Always disconnect the main tether before charging your drone.
- When charging is complete always tightly close the charging port of the Fathom One and check prior to placing the unit in the water for normal use.
- Refer to the final picture in the slide show for information on codes shown on the Smart Charger
Select the "LiPo" setting on your smart charger in order to fully charge your Fathom One.
In order to charge your Fathom one, you should have:
1x - Fathom One Hull
1x - Fathom Smart Charger
1x - Fathom Safety Lead Charging Adapter
1x - Smart Charger Power Supply
When connected to a power supply, the Smart Charger should show a solid green light above the word "POWER".
Leave the charge port on your Fathom One securely sealed until you are charging your unit.
When connected to a drone that does not have a full charge, the Smart Charger will have a SOLID GREEN light above the word "Power". Next to the the text "1-4 Cells Li-Po/LiFe" there should be a SOLID RED light to indicate that the drone is charging. Once the drone is charged, the SOLID RED light will turn SOLID GREEN.
Once you have finished charging your Fathom One, tighten the charge port again to make sure no water will enter. Always check that this port is closed prior to placing your Fathom One in the water.
Refer to the table above for information on how your Smart Charger should be behaving. If you have any issue please include a description of the error code when you reach out to us.
Care and maintenance
- Reduce the risk of water getting into the tether port of your Fathom One by holding it upside down when removing the tether after a dive.
- After diving in saltwater, treat your Fathom One like you would any other piece of equipment you use in saltwater. Be sure to rinse the entire unit with freshwater and take special care to rinse the motors. The easiest way to do this would be by filling a container with freshwater and piloting the drone (run the motors) in order to clear out any saltwater residue that will leave deposits on the unit when it dries.
- Always disconnect the main tether when not in use so as not to drain the battery.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Where you pilot your Fathom One is up to you but by piloting your unit in unknown conditions you increase the risk of damaging the unit.
- If you found that you had a question that wasn't answered you can also check our FAQ section for more information.
- If you have any questions about your unit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org